Now that the holidays are behind us, it’s time to get ready for the annual CES show in Las Vegas, Nevada! This year, Zephyr Project members NXP and Nordic Semiconductor will be on-site at the conference to show off their latest IoT innovations throughout the conference’s duration from January 8 to January 11. We invite attendees to stop by their booths (Nordic – booth 4459 at The Sands, Halls A-D and NXP – booth CP-18 in the Central Plaza) to experience interactive demos, meet with knowledgeable developers and learn more about their technology.
Nordic will be on-site to showcase several exciting demos including their Zephyr OS backed IoT devices based on their nRF91 Series. The devices have a Cortex-M33 with Trustzone, and can be utilized through the secure implementation of MCUBOOT.
The demo will be connected to Nordic’s cloud platform through cellular network and will display the position of the demo and log messages.
Additionally, Nordic will demo unique nRF9160 System-in-Package, bringing cellular IoT to any application, will make its show debut following global availability at the world’s leading consumer electronics show. In addition, the award-winning nRF52840 Bluetooth LE/Bluetooth 5 SoC will demonstrate concurrent protocol support. Other demonstrations include asset tracking, LTE-M gateways, and Thread sensors. To learn more, click here: https://www.nordicsemi.com/News/2018/12/Nordic-at-CES-2019.
Zephyr member NXP will also be on-site to showcase how their IoT solutions impact a variety of industries including automotive, wearables, manufacturing/IIoT, retail, and AI.
An excerpt from the NXP blog shares some exciting demos being featured in their booth (CP-18 in the Central Plaza) as follows:
- Smart Tour: Check out NXP’s “AI ML Life on the Edge” showcase. Visitors can experience a guided tour and personalized demonstration of NXP edge computing solutions with technical consultants to explore the benefits of face and voice recognition, anomaly detection, lifecycle intelligence & security, and scalable edge technologies.
- Smart Automotive: Experience a concept car that can separate its pod from the chassis to enable ultimate flexibility and uses, whether shared, owned or rented. Get a tour of breakthrough safe solutions across all vehicle domains – connectivity, driver replacement, in-vehicle experience, body and comfort, powertrain and vehicle dynamics connected through gateways and vehicle networks.
- Smart Industry: See how edge computing solutions are reducing costly data transfer to the cloud for global supply chain systems. Learn how 5G access and real-time iMX processing is increasing throughput while making the factory floor smarter and safer.
- Smart Home: Discover how purpose-built edge solutions connect modern homes to cloud-based services more efficiently than ever. From voice-controlled smart appliances to innovative hearables technology, NXP is increasing comfort, affordability, and convenience for smart home device makers and giving the industry something to talk about.
- Smart Retail: NXP will unveil the “Smart Market,” a new, highly interactive and personalized shopping experience made possible through NXP’s broad portfolio and collaboration efforts with some of the biggest brand names including Kraft Heinz and Gevalia Coffee,The Coca-Cola Company, and Mammut and smart infrastructure partners like Stora Enso, Opticon, Decathlon, Kathrein Solutions,Ingenico and TPG Rewards. Together with its partners, NXP demonstrates how Smart Retail can go mainstream, and Smart Market visitors will have the opportunity to experience, first-hand, how high-tech retail is completely transforming the shopping experience of tomorrow with intelligent refrigerators, personalized signage, interactive branding and true self-checkout experiences.
- Smart Audio: Visit NXP’s smart audio demonstrations which include the latest in immersive sound, multi-assistant voice speakers, and 3D audio.