Internet of Things World 2019 — MAY 13, 2019 – MAY 16, 2019
Internet of Things World, May 13-16 in Santa Clara, is the world’s largest IoT event that brings together the top technologies, strategies and case studies for every industry IoT impacts.
Kate Stewart, Senior Director of Strategic Programs for The Linux Foundation, will represent the Zephyr Project in two panel sessions including:
Which Operating System/RTOS makes sense for your Constrained Device? (Monday, May 13 at 3:30-4:30 pm)
As part of the Eclipse IoT Day, Kate will provide insight on how to select from the wide assortment of RTOS options. She’ll survey the current open source options for an operating system to use (like Linux, FreeRTOS, Zephyr, mbedOS, RIOT, NuttX, etc.) in your IoT Constrained Device Stack. Factors to consider in selection include chip/hardware support, licensing, footprint, community health, open source best practices, security support as well as safety certifications available, all play roles.
From Ideation to Commercialization: Bringing an IoT Product to Life (Wednesday, May 15 at 1:40 – 2:20 pm)
- Learn the latest practices and insights that can help you quickly, securely and economically move an IoT device or application from idea to pilot to production
- Understand how to level the playing field with smart choices in architecture, platforms. and interoperable networks
- Recognize and leverage the importance of ecosystems and communities
- Kate will present with speakers from Grid Connect, Coolfire Solutions, Connectivity Designs and MongoDB
Panel Discussion: Best practices and frameworks panel: Building end-to-end IoT security (Wednesday, May 15 at 4:15-5 pm)
- Understanding and stepping up to the creator’s crucial role in engineering IoT security, from node to network
- Practical, proven steps, essential best practices and development frameworks to secure and protect devices, data, communications, and applications
- Leveraging latest technologies, including automation, end-to-end encryption, tokens, SDN and AI, blockchain, digital twins, Risc-V and more
- Kate will present with speakers from PRPL, Dogtown Media and an IoT-Blockchain author
For more information, go to the IoT World website.