- Developed with security in mind.
- Employs an in-depth security development lifecycle: security validation, fuzz and penetration testing, frequent code reviews, static code analysis, threat modeling and reviews to prevent backdoors in the code.
- The project’s governance includes the formation of a security working group and a delegated security maintainer.
- The governance and its members have a responsibility to ensure that all aspects of the code are developed securely.
- Long term support
- Level 1 certification in the Platform Security Architecture (PSA) certification scheme.
- Functional safety coming soon
- Available through the Apache 2.0 open source license.
- Free to use in commercial and non-commercial solutions.
- Hosted as a collaborative project with the Linux Foundation, the project is neutrally governed and employs a lightweight governance and development model.
- From professional makers to large industrial and commercial vendors, the Zephyr Project strives to deliver a universally adoptable solution for the Internet of Things.
- Full-featured and power optimal: fully preemptible tickless kernel
- Advanced memory management: Userspace support
- Multi-processor support: SMP and AMP
- Build for your architecture: Both 32 and 64-bit supported
Modular and Scalable
- the Zephyr Project provides developers with feature-rich software optimized for memory constrained devices
- Runs on systems as small as 8 kB of memory but scales up to systems with megabytes or even gigabytes of memory” (we now have 64-bit support)
- Developers can use their tool suite of choice by supporting custom toolchains and compiler optimizations
- Manage multi-repo configurations with West where it is possible to have cross-repo version control and build inclusion of entire independent project repos, including your own
Powerful Configuration Tools
- Kconfig and Device Tree are part of the Zephyr platform
- RTOS can be built as-is, with default configuration, or as a tailored solution by enabling/disabling features using Kconfig
- Build applications to target different boards, and even architectures via Device Tree.
- Optimized for low-powered, small memory footprint devices
- Supports Bluetooth®, Bluetooth® Low Energy, Wi-Fi*, 802.15.4
- Supports standards like 6LoWPAN, CoAP, IPv4, IPv6, and NFC