Zephyr project is provided as source code and build scripts for different target architectures and configurations, and not as a binary image. Updated versions of the Zephyr project are released approximately every three-months.
All Zephyr project source code is maintained in a Git repository; you can either download source as a tar.gz file (see the bottom of the GitHub release notes pages listed below), or use Git clone and checkout commands, such as:
git clone https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr cd zephyr git checkout tags/v1.8.0
The tools used to build an image are available as a Software Development Kit (SDK) in the Zephyr SDK Tools section below.
- The project’s technical documentation is also tagged to correspond with a specific release and can be found at https://www.zephyrproject.org/doc/.
- Zephyr Kernel v1.8.0 - June 15, 2017
- Zephyr Kernel v1.7.1 - May 15, 2017
- Zephyr Kernel v1.7.0 - Mar 11, 2017
- Zephyr Kernel v1.6.1 - May 15, 2017
- Zephyr Kernel v1.6.0 - Dec 3, 2016
- Zephyr Kernel v1.5.0 - Aug 26, 2016
- Zephyr Kernel v1.4.0 - Jun 3, 2016
- Zephyr Kernel v1.3.0 - May 2, 2016
- Zephyr Kernel v1.2.0 - Apr 2, 2016
- Zephyr Kernel v1.1.0 - Mar 5, 2016
- Zephyr Kernel v1.0.0 - Feb 8, 2016